There is a wide range of online accounting software on the market targeted at the smaller & medium sized business. Oligomer has worked with Xero since 2018 & is proud to be a Xero Partner & Certified Advisor.
Xero is award-winning, cloud-based accounting software - widely praised for its ease of use and ability to integrate with a wide ecosystem of specialist applications – making it an ideal platform for the needs of a wide range of small & medium sized businesses.
And it’s fully compatible with HMRC’s Making Tax Digital requirements!
As a cloud-based application, Xero is:
- Multi-Platform - Accessible via the internet, wherever you are, via your mobile phone, PC or Mac
- Secure – Data is private, secure & backed up. Xero adheres to global security compliance & encryption standards & makes multi-factor authentication available to all users. User role security is built into access rights allowing segregation of duties (e.g. view-only vs cash posting vs invoice generation, etc)
- Zero-Maintenance – Xero requires no installation & periodic software patch downloads. Upgrades or changes in functionality – such as changes in HMRC reporting rules - are applied direct to the central cloud-based server.
- Multi-User Accessible – No further licence fee requirements for additional users to access the core application.
- Real-Time - Bank statements (and some credit card & PayPal feeds) can be automatically imported, with machine-learning logic suggesting the coding of transactions, even when you are off-line, significantly speeding up your bookkeeping process. Field based staff can raise invoices with office users seeing the same transaction appearing in the application simultaneously.
- Easily Integrated – Xero’s huge app store contained over 1000 apps in 2001. Whether your need is for Expense Claims Workflows, Inventory Management, Point-of-Sale, Job Costing or eCommerce Platform integration – there’s an app available
Xero’s three main Enterprise subscription plans provide a scalable & upgradable platform for small to medium sized businesses. Each plan supports automated bank feeds, fixed asset management, budgetary comparatives, invoice generation & submission of VAT returns to HMRC if required:
- The Starter Plan – ideal for smaller businesses with limited transaction volumes
- The Standard Plan – unlimited transactions and providing users with Short-Term Cash Flow and Business Snapshots
- The Premium Plan – additional multi-currency capabilities
In all three cases, Hubdoc invoice scanning & posting software is provided free. Optional add-on modules integrate Payroll, Expense Claim Management, Projects & Job Costing, Construction Industry Scheme Reporting & advanced Data Analytics seamlessly.
An Ultimate Plan is available to larger businesses which are significant users of Payroll, Expenses & Projects
As a Xero Partner, Oligomer is also able to offer additional Xero products suited to smaller business needs at a fraction of the cost of standard subscriptions:
- Xero Cashbook – similar functionality to the Enterprise editions above but without invoicing functionality. Clients can code transactions & view data and reports.
- Xero Ledger – simplified Xero, without invoicing or VAT reporting capability - ideal for clients who only need annual accounts preparation or have simplified bookkeeping requirements. Clients cannot code transactions but can view data and reports prepared by Oligomer.
As part of our professional training programme, Oligomer’s team is fully Xero certified.
Working with you to understand your data & business processes, we apply our understanding and practical knowledge of Xero & its application landscape to create a cost-effective solution, uniquely tailored for your needs.
We can then transfer your existing records to Xero as required and provide full training on how to get the best out of the software. You can be liberated from the tyranny of filing cabinets, spreadsheets & boxes of receipts – as invoice & document images can be attached directly to the relevant Xero transactions.
Clients particularly value the training in day-to-day transactional postings & reports use whilst, behind the scenes, Oligomer addresses more complicated reporting on their behalf. This allows you to spend more time in your business as opposed to administration. Relevant and up-to-date financial information help you plan its future growth.
We think Xero is a great product – but please don’t just take our advice – look at one of these two videos from Xero that show you some of its amazing features:
How Xero will change your whole life for the better (1.47)
Get to know Xero Essentials (13.53)